Sunday, August 13, 2006

Day 2: Starbucks Salvation!

Five hours of driving, 1 more to go. We had left Nittany Mtn Campground at 8:30am , an excellent starting time. After filling the gas tank (2 swipes of my AmEx card) we rumbled down I-80 heading west. Hilly two-lane interstate highways are not fun to navigate in a large vehicle, even on a Sunday morning. Lots of big rigs & slow moving cars that don’t want an RV in front of them, but don’t necessarily want to drive the speed limit either. It’s hard to pass them quickly so that you don’t end up blocking the faster traffic, but frustrating to be lumbering behind them, too.

We took two breaks along the way, & by 3pm I was getting tired. The kids were on the phone with Phil when I saw it – a Starbucks symbol on the upcoming exit sign! It was beautiful!!

It turned out to be part of a Popeyes & Quickie Mart station. I got my grande soy iced mocha & drank in the magic. Suddenly my headache began to ease, the tension in my shoulders relaxed, birds sang & I think I heard a harp off in the distance. Ahhh…

No comments: