Saturday, September 30, 2006

Day 50: Goodbye, September...

I can't believe it's the end of September - especially when it's nearly 100 degrees out! Seeing Halloween decorations around the campsites is plain & simple weird. There is no way my poor brain can connect this heat with "autumn" things. Saguaros & tumbleweeds just don't change colors like the leaves back home.

We arrived at the campground, about an hour east of Tuscon, in mid-afternoon, which meant swim time at the pool. They had a nice float, which I used to, well, float, while Kimi enjoyed the warm water for immersively. Later, laundry (clean clothes, yahoo!).

Since I'm writing "live", I don't know if anything interesting is going to happen later tonight, but since it's 8:30 pm my time, I doubt it. Two weeks & two days to go - unless our plans change, we should be home on Monday, Oct. 16th. It's been quite the trip...

No comments: